Two submit buttons for a form?

Thread: Two submit buttons for a form?

D. R. Guest

Default Two submit buttons for a form?

Perhaps the question should be "Can I have two actions for a form?" but here&#039s the problem.<BR><BR>I have a form with several values to be entered. I&#039d like to have two buttons that would pass these values to two different pages and access the values via the request.<BR><BR>To "put some pants" on the project it&#039s a "search criteria" page that needs to go to a "results" page or to an "advanced search criteria" page.

yahoo Guest

Default RE: Two submit buttons for a form?

Definitely u should have to two forms and make it sure on one actions ur form1 name and on another action ur using second form2 name.this should work fine

D. R. Guest

If I nest the forms like so:<BR><BR>&#060;FORM action="asp page2.asp" method=POST id=form1 name=form1&#062;<BR> &#060;INPUT type="text" id=text1 name=text1&#062;<BR> &#060;INPUT type="submit" value="Submit" id=submit1 name=submit1&#062;<BR> &#060;form action="asp page3.asp" method=POST id=form2 name=form2&#062;<BR> &#060;INPUT type="submit" value="Submit 2" id=submit2 name=submit2&#062;<BR> &#060;/form&#062; <BR>&#060;/FORM&#062;<BR><BR>Both submit buttons go to "asp page2.asp". If the forms are not nested I can&#039t reference text1 in "asp page3.asp".

Evert Guest

Use one form with the action going to the results.asp<BR>Create a submit button and a regular button<BR><BR>On the regular button have a onClick=&#039GoToAdvanceSearch();&#039 event<BR><BR>form is the name of your form.<BR><BR>Create the following Javescript<BR><BR>function GoToAdvanceSearch()<BR>{<BR> form.action = "AdvanceSearch.asp"<BR> form.submit()<BR>}<BR>

D. R. Guest

Default Thanks!

That&#039s the answer! Thanks!