Problems after upgrade to Win2000/IIS5

Thread: Problems after upgrade to Win2000/IIS5

Martin Olsson Guest

Default Problems after upgrade to Win2000/IIS5

I have upgraded my sites frpm IIS4 to IIS5, and my ODBC connections are giving me headaches. I have converted the Access97 files to Access2000 which solved some problems, but when I try to do an insert I get this:<BR>-------<BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039 80004005&#039 <BR><BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Operation must use an updateable query. <BR><BR>, line 217 <BR>----------<BR><BR>I searched the MS knowledge base and came up with some info pertaining to my problem, but I don&#039t know how to apply the "fix" using ASP/ADO/ODBC. Below is the info from Microsoft:<BR>---------------<BR>If you run an update query that you imported from a Microsoft Access 2.0 or 7.0 database, or if you run an existing update query in a database that you converted in Microsoft Access 2000 from Access 7.0 and earlier versions, you may receive the following error message: <BR>Operation must use an updateable query. <BR>To resolve this error, set the query&#039s UniqueRecords property to No by following these steps: <BR>Open the update query in Design view. <BR>If the property sheet is not already open, on the View menu, click Properties. <BR>Click an empty area in the upper half of the query window so that the property sheet displays "Query Properties" in the title bar. <BR>Set the UniqueRecords property to No. <BR>Save the query, close it, and then run the query. <BR>-----------------<BR><BR>It seems to me that my problem is identical, but how do I set the "UniqueRecords" property to "No" in my ASP page?<BR><BR>/Martin Olsson

SPG Guest

Default It may be simpler...

Before you go mucking about in the database, check the permissions on it. IIS uses different user mappings -- and the database may have had its write permissions bass-whacked as well.<BR><BR>1) I&#039ve seen that error when the database was write-protected, 2) I&#039ve seen Win2K write-protect a database because it didn&#039t understand that I *liked* the way I set my permissions...

Martin Olsson Guest

Default RE: It may be simpler...

Thanks! Administrators and SYSTEM had "Full control", but "Everyone" did not. When I granted "Full control" to "Everyone" it works. Kinda scary though . . .