Hello, I&#039ve looked around for this but still can&#039t make it work.<BR><BR> I need to change the length prop of an Access 97 db Field. it&#039s set to 50, and I need it to be 255. I can d/l the database, but I don&#039t know if I&#039m gonna be doing some more "altering" so I&#039d better go with ALTER once and for all.<BR><BR> So, I&#039ve tried<BR>"ALTER TABLE table_name ALTER COLUMN column_name DATATYPE(NEW_SIZE)"<BR>and it worked on my NT test server, but not on my NT "live" server.. I&#039ve tried<BR>"ALTER TABLE table_name MODIFY COLUMN column_name DATA_TYPE(NEW_SIZE)"<BR>and it didn&#039t work either. Please help me with this. what&#039s the right way to use it?<BR><BR> BTW, the error message I get (on my NT live serv.) is:<BR>----------BEGIN ERROR MSG-------<BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers<BR>error &#039 80040e14&#039<BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access 97 Driver] Syntax error in ALTER TABLE statement.<BR>alter-table.asp, line 5<BR><BR>----------END OF ERROR MSG-------<BR>Thanx a lot.<BR><BR> Mauricio -C