How do I redirect to last page then refresh screen

Thread: How do I redirect to last page then refresh screen

P Weaver Guest

Default How do I redirect to last page then refresh screen

In my application I want to: click a submit button on page1, which sends the browser to page2 to process, then go back to the same place on page1 to display changes made. So far, I have not found out how I can: <BR><BR>1. Redirect to previous page (as though clicking the back button), then <BR>2. Reload that page upon arrival (as though clicking the refresh button) to display updated information.<BR><BR>all without the user doing anything except the first click. Any suggestions?

troy the asp boy Guest

Default here is one answer

1) you&#039ll need to make sure that page 1 and page 2 are NOT pulled from the browser&#039s cache. There are several ways to do this. Search the site for the following methods<BR>a) give each page a GUID (globally unique id)<BR>b) or see how the following code works for you...<BR>Response.Expires = -1500<BR>Response.ExpiresAbsolute = Now() - 1<BR>Response.AddHeader "pragma","no-cache"<BR>Response.AddHeader "cache-control","private"<BR>Response.CacheControl = "no-cache"<BR>If you don&#039t make sure that the browser does not use a cached page the user will not know that the information was submitted correctly.<BR>2) on page2 after you&#039ve done all of your processing use the Response.Redirect "page1.asp" statement. to use this, you must not have written any html code. Use Response.Buffer = True to prevent porting HTML until the page is fully processed<BR><BR>troy the asp boy<BR>

P Weaver Guest

Default RE: here is one answer

Thanks Troy, It works mostly how I want... When I get back to page1.asp, it takes me back to the top of the page, instead of where I was. Is there a way it can take me back to the exact location i.e. scrolled partway down the page.<BR><BR>I don&#039t want the user to have to scroll back down to where he was to receive confirmation on the event.

troy the asp boy Guest

Default try this and let us know

why not append the url with an anchor?<BR>ie:<BR>where #Input is an anchor on page1<BR>use something like<BR>&#060;a name="Input"&#062;some text&#060;/a&#062;<BR><BR>this is speculative coding BTW and is worth exactly what you paid for it :)<BR><BR>troy the asp boy<BR>