another easy question , help me?

Thread: another easy question , help me?

Raquel Anne Guest

Default another easy question , help me?

I want an asp page to input information to a database on the folowing conditions:<BR>if a person closes the window<BR>if a person gets logged off<BR>if for any reason the connection is terminated.<BR><BR>example:<BR>1. you look at my page which has a timer, you loose power, then the timer information gets written to the database.<BR><BR>2. you look at my page which has a timer, you close the browser, then the timer information gets written to the database.<BR><BR>3. you look at my page which has a timer, you loose connection, then the timer information gets written to the database.<BR><BR>can you help me with this please?<BR>thanks in advance!<BR>Raquel Anne<BR><BR><BR>

Default RE: another easy question , help me?

you could use the session object for this. when the window closes it will end his session or U can use some activex controls or java which monitors the network status and if it drops you can take neccessary actions at the server side.

Raquel Anne Guest

sounds like what I need, how do I go about doing this, I am kinda new and need all the help I can get......Please help?<BR>Thanks<BR>Raquel Anne

Simhan Guest

Use the file Global.asa. You&#039ll find a subroutine Session_OnEnd.<BR>This procedure (event) fires when the user session ends. Write you coding there! Remember!. This file cannot contain printable statements neither does it allow the &#060;% delimiters.<BR><BR>Bye