combo boxes

Thread: combo boxes

Default combo boxes

Is there a way to have a user select something in a combo box and then pass that variable to another page without hitting a submit button? The combo box is not in a form...<BR><BR>Thanks

Jason Miller Guest

Default RE: combo boxes

If you&#039re referring to the &#060;select&#062; boxes, try this JavaScript bit...<BR><BR>Got your select thing looking kind of like:<BR>&#060;form name="navigator"&#062;<BR>&#060;select name="show" size=1 onChange="navigate(this.form)"&#062;<BR>(the onChange is the only really important bit currently, but it is in a form so JavaScript knows where to find it)<BR><BR>Then a piece of JavaScript looking like:<BR><BR>&#060;script language="JavaScript"&#062;<BR>&#060;!-- Begin<BR>function navigate(form) {<BR> var myindex=form.show.selectedIndex<BR> window.location=("secondary.url.html?variable=" + form.show.options[myindex].value);<BR> }<BR>// End --&#062;<BR>&#060;/script&#062;<BR><BR>Note that my JS is really fairly rusty; the original which I use on my personal webheap just grabs the selected value for the URL, it doesn&#039t append it as a variable to a URL.<BR><BR>Hope that helps,<BR>--Jason<BR>