ASP Error Debugging NOT WORKING - Please Help!

Thread: ASP Error Debugging NOT WORKING - Please Help!

Genny Guest

Default ASP Error Debugging NOT WORKING - Please Help!

This week I setup a new Windows 2000 Server machine for ASP development. The problem is, it isn&#039t providing us with any debugging information. Instead, anytime there is an error in the code, it displays a "500 Internal Server Error" page.<BR><BR>In IIS, the "Send detailed ASP error message to client" checkbox IS CHECKED, and this checkbox SHOULD turn on the browser debugging messages that we&#039re all used to seeing.<BR><BR>Has anyone experienced this same problem? I need to fix this ASAP so we can utilize the new machine! I&#039ve setup several NT4 boxes for ASP development in the past and never seen this problem before.<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR><BR>-Genny

Genny Guest

Default The plot thickens....

We did some more testing and discovered that this problem is only occuring in Internet Explorer. Debug messages are properly displaying in all versions of Netscape Navigator. However, we have IE5 running on 4 different machines and none of them will return anything other than the 500 Internal Server Error message.<BR><BR>I can&#039t begin to explain what is causing this problem. In case it helps anyone, please take a look at this page (with an intentional error in the code) in whatever browsers you have available:<BR><BR>Thanks if you can offer any help :-)<BR><BR>Genny

Default Client Issue

Your IE is set to "show friendly http errors"<BR>(internet options&#124advanced)<BR><BR>this is what I see in IE5 at the URL: <BR><BR><BR>Microsoft VBScript compilation error &#039 800a0401&#039 <BR><BR>Expected end of statement <BR><BR>/test.asp, line 9 <BR><BR>next x<BR>-----^<BR>

Genny Guest

Default RE: Client Issue

LOL, that "505 Internal Server Error" message was a little too friendly for me...<BR><BR>Thanks so much Andrew! That completely solved our problem.<BR><BR>-Genny