Refreshing a site

Thread: Refreshing a site

Default Refreshing a site

Hi,<BR><BR>I need to know how I could use ASP to refresh a web page if the user have not refreshed the site for some time.<BR><BR>Meaning I have an Intranet and I update it every hour, so if one person is already in my Intranet web page he wont see the updates I did until he refreshes so how could I use ASP to update my web page.<BR><BR>Hope somebody can help me.<BR><BR>Thanks a lot<BR><BR>Jude<BR>

2. #2 Guest

Default RE: Refreshing a site

&#060;META HTTP-EQUIV="REFRESH" CONTENT=1800&#062;<BR><BR>This a standard http header tag, which will refresh the page. To ensure that the page is refreshed from the server you may also need the following:<BR><BR>&#060;META HTTP-EQUIV="Expires"CONTENT="Tue, 04 Dec 1996 21:29:02 GMT"&#062;<BR><BR>Make sure that the date in the CONTENT is in the past and the page will be refreshed from the server.<BR>

Delirium Guest

Default RE: Refreshing a site

Because ASP is encoded on the server and then sent to the client there is not method of doing any sort of time control using ASP.<BR><BR>Why don&#039t you use the normal HTML command<BR>&#060;META HTTP-EQUIV="Refresh" CONTENT="3600;URL=default.asp"&#062;<BR>where the 3600 is the amount of seconds before the page refreshes 3600 is an hour. and the URL is obviously the URL you want the page to refresh to. if you want the page to just reload the put the current URL in.<BR><BR>You could achieve the same thing with client side Javascript but why make things complicated.<BR><BR>D