Operation not supported by provider

Thread: Operation not supported by provider

Fion Guest

Default Operation not supported by provider

I get this error message when I try to do this:<BR>rs.AbsolutePage = 1 &#060;---line 125<BR><BR>ADODB.Recordset error &#039 800a0cb3&#039 <BR><BR>The operation requested by the application is not supported by the provider. <BR><BR>/iap2000/s98660712/tote/purchase.asp, line 125 <BR>

Karl Guest

Default RE: Answer to both your questions.

1) To fix the error above, make sure that you have the line:<BR>Rs.CursorType = 1<BR>before you open up your recordset (go back to the code I had earlier, it&#039s in there).<BR><BR>2) About using an if/else instead of a do-loop. I take it the reason you use an if/else is because you only want to display 1 record at a time. If that&#039s the case, then you should be able to do it the same way you currently have it. <BR><BR>So, just leave like:<BR>if not rs.eof then<BR> &#039display existing details<BR> &#039ie rs("p_title")<BR> rs("p_description") etc<BR>else<BR> &#039display empty fields to allow a new submit<BR><BR>It&#039ll work so long as you use your Rs.AbsolutePage = x properly.<BR><BR>I thought of another, perhaps better way for it to be done. If you are still having trouble lemme know and I&#039ll write up some simpler code when I&#039m back home from school.<BR><BR>--<BR>Karl

Fion Guest

Default RE: Answer to both your questions.

Hey Karl,<BR>thanks ...deeply appreciate your help.<BR>Yes, I may need more help from you. <BR>Can we correspond through email?<BR>Mine is lixiz@hotmail.com<BR><BR>Fion