ADO constants

Thread: ADO constants

Default ADO constants

Hi all,<BR><BR>I&#039ve got the error message as per below, can someone please explain what the heck &#039Name redefined&#039 means, and more importantly how I stop redefining it:<BR><BR>-----------------------------------------------------------<BR>Microsoft VBScript runtime error &#039 800a0411&#039 <BR><BR>Name redefined: &#039adOpenForwardOnly&#039 <BR><BR>/store/include/, line 14 <BR>-----------------------------------------------------------<BR>

Keith Fowler Guest

Default RE: ADO constants

It appears that you have Dimmed this variable somewhere else in your code. It attempts to Dim it again in the file. This is what is causing your error. <BR><BR>You can fix it by simply deleting the code where you are Dimming it. Since the file takes care of all ADO constants anyway.

Linda Guest

Hi, I seem to get the same error message. According to me it has nothing to do with the fact that it is defined twice in my code, because it simply isn&#039t. If you find an answer, can you post it here, so that it can help me too? Thanks

Linda Guest

Hello again,<BR><BR>my problem is solved. It seemed that i had two METADATA tags in my global.asa file which where referencing ADO constants and which caused the error. Hope this helps for you too!