Help! This is new to me....

Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Help! This is new to me....

  1. #1
    Master_Incubus Guest

    Default Help! This is new to me....

    Ok,<BR><BR>This application was working fine for more than a year. I made NO changes, no one installed anything on the server, NOTHING CHANGED...and this is what happened when I tried to access it this morning.<BR><BR>ADODB.Recordset error &#039 800a0bb9&#039 <BR><BR>The application is using arguments that are of the wrong type, are out of acceptable range, or are in conflict with one another. <BR><BR>/Applications/Webmaster_Apps/WebAdmin/Admin_Unregistered.asp, line 92 <BR><BR>I have never run into this before, what does this mean and what fixes are out there?<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR>Master_Incubus

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 1969

    Default RE: Help! This is new to me....

    I have had this error countless times. Just means that I am a little sloppy some times in writing my code. You know, "Haste Makes Waste." Anyway, get on with it.<BR><BR>I get the error when the variables that are being passed to the Recordset Object have problems. For example:<BR><BR>Set someObject = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")<BR>someObje ct.Open sqlQuery, someConnection, otherOptions<BR><BR>The error would be caused by one or combination of the following:<BR><BR>sqlQuery - it is not actually a query string. This happens to me when I have made a typo (sqlQeury not sqlQuery)<BR><BR>someConnection - If the connection is bad, it will usually give you an error about the connection, but it could be the same type of problem as with sqlQuery listed above.<BR><BR>otherOptions - This is where I usually bung it up. When I am using lock types or open settings, in my haste set the constant values wrong.<BR><BR>If you post the exact line, I may be able to give more specific answers. Hope this helps!

  3. #3
    fl1rt Guest

    Default RE: Help! This is new to me....

    without seeing the source - I don&#039t know<BR>(that was helpful advice!)<BR><BR>It is sometimes annoying when a script that has been working for a long time suddenly goes wrong, without anything apparently being changed. (obviously something is amiss)<BR><BR>Do you have a virtual hosting account?<BR>Have you compared the DB field request to the DB type ?<BR>Have you tried uncommenting the error line (temporarily) and seeing what happens?<BR><BR><BR>I had similar problems last week - only to find out that some freak nuking/wiping out of directories had been going on - all by magic, apparently.

  4. #4
    Vinoo Uttarkar Guest

    Default RE: Help! This is new to me....

    I had faced this problem once. <BR><BR>Suppose you have the following code:-<BR><BR>:<BR>:<BR>dim x<BR>x=request.form("distance")<BR>x=clng(x)<BR>:< BR><BR>In the above code if the value of x is small i.e which is in the valid range of a long data type, then this works fine.<BR>If from the form it gets a very long value such as 89989898239829988899, then this value cannot be converted into a long and may cause the error to occur.<BR><BR>I had precisely faced this problem.<BR>Hope this may prove useful to you.<BR><BR>Bye.<BR><BR><BR><BR>

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts