I have two machines, one NT4 the other W2K. We&#039ve gotten our page to load, run, and create a word document on the fly on the NT4 box. The problem starts when I port the working code to the 2000 box. I get the following error.<BR><BR>Server.CreateObject Access Error<BR>/writebook.asp, line 7<BR>The call to Server.CreateObject failed while checking permissions. Access is denied to this object.<BR><BR>I&#039ve added to the dcom config properties for Word Basic, and Word Document the privileges of a user in the administrator group. I&#039ve given full access to the template file. Also some stuff dealing with the IUSR, but I&#039ve changed so much crap I forget what.<BR><BR>A whole day of keyboard banging on head. Code follows.<BR><BR>4: Dim docName<BR>5: docName = "HotelBookingReport.doc"<BR>6: <BR>7: Set wdApp = Server.CreateObject("Word.Application")<BR>8: wdApp.Visible = False <BR>9: Set wdDoc = wdApp.Documents.Add (Server.MapPath(".")& "hotelbookingreport.dot")<BR><BR><BR>Thanks,<BR>Jo hnE