Binary Read Error

Thread: Binary Read Error

Guna Guest

Default Binary Read Error

Hi I am working on an upload component, it works fine when i just use the component on a blank page. But when i try to placee that into my web site with lots of other asp stuff, the upload doesn&#039t work and give me this error...<BR><BR>Anyone know whats the problem?? <BR><BR>Error msg from the component:<BR><BR>-----------------------------------------------------------------<BR>ERROR: 006~ASP 0206~Cannot call BinaryRead~Cannot call BinaryRead after using Request.Form collection.<BR>-----------------------------------------------------------------<BR> Within where i use this com in my page, i do not have any request.form, but ofcourse i do use it in other places. would that effect this?<BR><BR>Thank you<BR>Guna

SPG Guest

Default RE: Binary Read Error

If you use an unqualified request(foo), it will scan through each of the request.collections (inclusive of request.form()) until it finds a collection featuring foo.<BR><BR>Also note that the restriction on using request.form is for the entirety of the script. If you&#039ve called it anywhere before the request.binaryRead, the request.binaryRead will fail.<BR><BR>HiH