Problem with DSN connection

Thread: Problem with DSN connection

Default Problem with DSN connection

Can anyone teach me how to connect to MS Access?<BR>I&#039m just using a dial up network with my NT server 4,<BR>but my internet provider does support ASP in there<BR>server. I tried to work with Access and it was work<BR>in my computer, because it is local, so it can find <BR>the path of my database (DSN). However, whenever I<BR>upload it to the server, they always says path error <BR>something like that. The error message is:<BR><BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039 80004005&#039 <BR><BR>General error: Invalid file dsn &#039users.dsn&#039 <BR><BR>/download.asp, line 15 <BR><BR><BR>why? The code I&#039m using is:<BR> set objConn=Server.CreateObject("ADODB.CONNECTION")<BR > objConn.Open "FILEDSN=users.dsn"<BR> SQLstring = "INSERT INTO users (UserName, Email) values<BR> (&#039" & strName & "&#039, &#039" & strEmail & "&#039);"<BR> objConn.Execute(SQLstring )<BR><BR>Can someone told me to create <BR>same DSN in server, but how? please help<BR><BR><BR>thanks and regards<BR>Frankie<BR>email:<BR>

Corin Guest

Default RE: Problem with DSN connection

Your web hosting company usually has to set up the DSN. call their tech support. Or you can set-up a direct connection if you know the complete path to your domain. For this path you will probably have to call tech support as well.<BR><BR>for a direct connection replace<BR><BR>objConn.Open "FILEDSN=users.dsn"<BR><BR>with<BR><BR>objConn.Ope n "DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ=full path to your access database;"<BR>