ok...another simple question....Please?

Thread: ok...another simple question....Please?

Raquel Anne Guest

Default ok...another simple question....Please?

I want to create a way so that when a visitor visits a page, the user cant use the back button to reaccess the .asp page.<BR><BR>for example:<BR>you go to visit page1.asp<BR>there is a button that takes you topage2.asp<BR>well, once there, you are not able to go to page1.asp unless you start from the begining.<BR><BR>I thought about win.open(new) but under the conditions I need for the second page, that is not an option....any ideas or code that really works?<BR>any help would be, again greatly appreciated!<BR>Thanks,<BR>Raquel Anne

Jason Miller Guest

Default RE: ok...another simple question....Please?

Unusual situation, but here&#039s what I&#039d do (while I look for the way to stick form data in a header manually):<BR><BR>put a name and value on the submit button with the action pointing to a single asp page (itself) which will display page 1 through whatever, depending on what value the submit button gave it. Pressing "back" should result in a "Page Expired, Reload?" dialog which will leave the user either at their current page or with a big old "Can&#039t Display" message.<BR><BR> if request.form("submitted") = 1 then %&#062;<BR>&#060;form action="thispage.asp" method=post&#062;<BR>&#060;input type=submit name="submitted" value="2"&#062;<BR>&#060;/form&#062;<BR>&#060;% elseif request.form("submitted") = 2 then %&#062;<BR>&#060;form action="thispage.asp" method=post&#062;<BR>&#060;input type=submit name="submitted" value="3"&#062;<BR>&#060;/form&#062;<BR>&#060;% elseif request.form("submitted") = 3 then %&#062;<BR>&#060;form action="thispage.asp" method=post&#062;<BR>&#060;input type=submit name="submitted" value="1"&#062;<BR>&#060;/form&#062;<BR>&#060;% end if %&#062;<BR><BR>Hope that helps,<BR>Jason

Raquel Anne Guest

Default HUH? you lost me

I mean real lost...could you explain in more detail please?<BR>Raquel Anne

Jason Miller Guest

Default Storing multiple pages in one script (take 2)

Instead of having page1.asp and page2.asp, you just have page.asp and if the submit button was pressed (ie: <BR>&#060;% if request.form("name_of_submit_button")= "value_of_submit_button" then %&#062;<BR>) you run the page2.asp routine, otherwise you run the page1.asp routine.<BR><BR>What the included code was demonstrating was a tree which (if I did it right), would take a user who had seen "page 1" to "page 2", from 2 to 3 and from 3 to 1. The catch is that they&#039re all in the same file (asp script), so telling the browser to go Back wouldn&#039t do a thing. Of course, they could just close the browser and open the page again... But there&#039s some things you can&#039t protect against.

Raquel Anne Guest

Default ureka! I understand now....thanks!

thank you very much, Now I see the light.... 8o)