User-shielded Form?

Thread: User-shielded Form?

Jason Miller Guest

Default User-shielded Form?

Quick question -- I&#039ve seen it done, but I don&#039t remember where (and now I wish I bookmarked it) -- but I&#039m trying to put form info in a header (so the user doesn&#039t deal with a submit button) and I can&#039t remember the syntax... response.form("etc") = "whatever" doesn&#039t work.<BR><BR>thanks!<BR>--Jason

Default RE: User-shielded Form?

You mean like this<BR><BR>&#060;FORM METHOD="post" ACTION="foo.asp?myVar=aVar"&#062;<BR>&#060;INPUT TYPE="text" NAME="aVar"&#062;<BR>&#060;/FORM&#062;<BR><BR>Rob Taylor<BR>taylo@bannerclass.com<BR>www.cartography today.com<BR>Be sure to stop by and vote!!!!!

John Weeflaar Guest

Default RE: User-shielded Form?

eg:<BR>&#060;FORM NAME="myform" METHOD=POST ACTION="respage.asp"&#062;<BR><BR>I could be wrong. If you have only one input text, then<BR>when you press &#060;Enter&#062;, it&#039ll automatically post the page<BR>(same as clicking the Submit button). But if you have<BR>more than one input text, for example for firstname and<BR>lastname, pressing &#060;Enter&#062; wouldn&#039t work. and so, you still<BR>need a Submit button in this case.<BR>Perhaps there is an idea to overcome this.<BR><BR>John<BR>

John Weeflaar Guest

Default onKeyDown, onKeyUp, available in JavaScript 1.2

I just checked JavaScript documentation, and apparently<BR>JavaScript 1.2 has many new features, in the area of event<BR>handlers. It has also onKeyDown, onKeyUp, onKeyPress<BR>event handlers. That&#039s great!<BR>So, now you can add a bit of code to control what you want<BR>when you press &#060;Enter&#062; or any other key.<BR>Here&#039s the complete documentation for these:<BR>http://developer.netscape.com/docs/technote/index.html?content=javascript/eventhandler/eventhandler.htm<BR><BR>John

Jason Miller Guest

Default ... Thanks anyway

Well, that wasn&#039t quite what I was looking for (C below) but I got a workaround by not redirecting. Thanks for trying.<BR><BR>C -&#062;<BR>I had a form which would POST to the asp that created it. What I wanted to do was have the asp handle the form appropriately and, if the form data deemed it necessary, POST the form data back to itself to be used in populating the form so that the user wouldn&#039t have to completely fill the fool thing out again. If I could figure out how to write a bunch of values in the http header without notifying the user, it would have worked well. Now, well, it works.