How many .mdb files to create for use with asp?

Thread: How many .mdb files to create for use with asp?

Jeroen Schellekens Guest

Default How many .mdb files to create for use with asp?

Hi,<BR><BR>I&#039m currently starting to learn how to create an asp website with database connectivity. I am in the very beginning of this technique.<BR><BR>A project I&#039m working on involves several types of information to be put on the website. For example, there will be various departments:<BR>a news department, <BR>an editorial department, <BR>a project description department,<BR>profiles of persons,<BR>profiles of buildings.<BR><BR>Is it the right strategy to put all this information in 1 complete database file (which results in a very large file with lots of tables) or to choose for creating seperate files with only a few tables inside them?<BR><BR>I can imagine that when I put ALL the info for the site in one single Access database, it will become very slow accessing the database and with that the site.<BR><BR>How do others (like the big ones (****, Cnn, online magazine sites)) this?<BR><BR>Thanx!<BR>

Jason Buck Guest

Default RE: How many .mdb files to create for use with asp

It is recommended that you only use one database regardless of size. Other wise joinning information from one database to another will cause problem in your coding.<BR><BR>You will have to place numerous connection strings in your code to each database, you will have numerous connection strings etc. Using one db is definitly your best bet.<BR><BR>Respectfully,<BR><BR>Jason Buck<BR>