Free me of my ASP/Access pains

Thread: Free me of my ASP/Access pains

Default Free me of my ASP/Access pains

The story:<BR><BR>I have got an application that uses an Acess database. Now, I&#039ve tested the application on one machine that has Acess 2000 on it. The data connections work fine.<BR><BR>But when I set up the same application with PWS on another machine running Acess 97 the data connections fail. <BR><BR>So using Access 2000 I converted a copy of the Acess2000 mdb file to an Aceess97 mdb hoping that it would work on the machines running the older version of Access.<BR><BR>But to no still doesn&#039t work and I get this message:<BR><BR>ADODB.Connection error &#039 800a0e7a&#039 <BR><BR>ADO could not find the specified provider. <BR><BR>/Bob/connection.asp, line 17 <BR><BR>My question is does my application depend on the version of access that is running? <BR><BR>And what could this error mean, I have checked up on all my virtual paths and they map out to the physical paths, so in theory it should work.<BR><BR>I&#039ve also tried using a DNS just to be sure, but that also fails.<BR><BR>Cheers for any help.

Default Update your drivers?

I&#039ve had simular problems myself. I fixed then by updating my ODBC drivers. You can download a free upgrade from the MS site. I can&#039t remember the address though, you&#039ll have to search for it. Give that a go.<BR><BR>Hope that helps<BR><BR>Pete

Default RE: Free me of my ASP/Access pains

Your problem is likely that you need to have the newest version of MDAC installed on the Access &#039 97 machine...i beleive you can find it at or /dao/