Any other way to redirect a page without using "Re

Thread: Any other way to redirect a page without using "Re

Default Any other way to redirect a page without using "Re

I want to redirect the browser to load another page while processing an ASP page ( on the server side ). <BR>I use response.redirect currently. <BR>But while using response.redirect method I also have to pass come values from previous page to the new page which then become visible to the user in the Address Window. <BR>This allows the user to access this redirected page if he knows the values the page requires to load.<BR>E.g<BR>ASP-1 submits and ASP-2 is called in Response.<BR>ASP-2 starts processing and under some condition <BR>redirects to ASP-3. Now ASP-3 requires some values from ASP-2 ( or ASP-1). <BR>I write currently the code in ASP-2 as <BR> - - - <BR> Response.Redirect ASP-3.asp?MyVal=123<BR> - - - <BR>ASP-3 checks if it has been supplied value for MyVal ( which was entered in ASP-1) and works correctly with the above.<BR><BR>This means that the user can effectively type in the address <BR> ASP-3.asp?MyVal=999 <BR>and the script will continue though the user didnot comethru ASP-2 page.<BR><BR>What alternatives do i have ?<BR>I cannot use the Session Variables since my User can block of Cookies thru the Browser.<BR><BR>Thanks<BR>Vikram Koneri<BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>

Default RE: Any other way to redirect a page without using

IF what is important is controlling how the user got to the page,<BR>you can check to make sure the HTTP_REFERER == "ASP-2.asp"<BR>

Marshall Harrison Guest

You could set it up so that ASP2 returns a form to the user&#039s browser with hidden fields (i.e. MyVal=999) and in the onload event of the body tag have it automatically post to ASP3.<BR>

Marshall Harrison Guest

You could have ASP2 return a page to the user&#039s browser that contains a form with hidden fields (i.e.MyVal=99) and have the body tag&#039s onload event post the form to ASP3.