ODBC Error 80040e37

Thread: ODBC Error 80040e37

Eirik KjĂžlsrud Guest

Default ODBC Error 80040e37

We are using ASP to connect to a remote database running on SQL server 7.0. On our testmachine we get no trouble, maybe because the SQLserver and Webserver is running on the same machine. But when we upload our code to a webserver and make a copy of our database on a remote SQLserver we get this error :<BR><BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039 80040e37&#039 <BR><BR>[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Invalid object name &#039Seksjon&#039. <BR><BR>As we are working on a student project and our deadline is tomorrow, any help whatsoever would be of great assistance!!<BR><BR>

David Highlander Guest

Default RE: ODBC Error 80040e37

Please post your code.

Eirik Guest

Default RE: ODBC Error 80040e37

Hi!<BR><BR>The following code is the one I reckon generates the error! I think the ODBC and DSN should work, &#039cause when I change the name of the DSN I get another error telling me that the Data Source can&#039t be found...<BR><BR><BR>Set conn=Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>co nn.Open("DSN=Bokmarked;UID=student;PWD=student;")< BR>Set rsSeksjon = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")<BR>Set rsSeksjon = conn.Execute("SELECT DISTINCT Seksjonsnavn FROM Seksjon ORDER BY Seksjonsnavn")