If someone could help me with this i would appreciate it.<BR><BR>my acess table called products and it holds these fields CatagoryID, Employee, TotalSale, <BR>Here&#039s what im trying to do.<BR>I am trying to establish which "Employee" had the highest "TotalSale" for each "CatagoryID"<BR>The table holds alot of individual TotalSales records.<BR>Im not looking to sum up "TotalSale" , i&#039m looking to find the largest individual sale for each catagory and who had that sale.<BR>(Hope im not confusing anyone)<BR><BR>All i get with the way i tried is whatever number of records i set it for<BR>Here is a sample of the code.<BR>&#060;!--#INCLUDE FILE=data_conn.asp--&#062;<BR>&#060;%<BR>dim sql<BR>sql = "SELECT DISTINCTROW TOP 1 Products.CategoryID, Products.Employee, Products.TotalSale FROM Products GROUP BY Products.CategoryID, Products.Employee, Products.TotalSale ORDER BY Products.TotalSale DESC "<BR>&#039above was the query line im having problems with<BR>Set rs = Conn.Execute(sql)<BR>rs.close<BR>CloseConn<BR>%&#0 62;<BR><BR>This returns 1 record only (the TotalSale with highest value)<BR>I&#039m looking for the the "TotalSale" with the highest value listed for each catagory.<BR><BR>I have played with this for a while and i just can not fine tune this query to work right.<BR><BR>Any help will be appreciated.<BR><BR>Thanks in advance<BR>John<BR>