What's the path...

Thread: What's the path...

diedre Guest

Default What's the path...

I am continously getting an error - I don&#039t know what I&#039m doing wrong! I&#039ve tried coding this several different ways. Someone please HELP me!<BR>ERROR:<BR>&#039Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039 80004005&#039 <BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified&#039 <BR><BR>I&#039ve already set up the DSN properly (I think). The DB is located in my default directory so I don&#039t understand something.<BR><BR>This is the code for connection:<BR>&#060;%<BR>dim strconnect<BR>set conn = server.createobject ("ADODB.Connection")<BR>strConnect = "Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; DBQ=polls.mdb"<BR>conn.open "polls"<BR>set polls=conn.execute(SQL

Default RE: What's the path...

sounds like a dsn problem - but hey, i&#039m no expert!<BR><BR>1. check you&#039ve set the dsn as a *system* dsn on the server hosting your webpage and database<BR>2. check the dsn is using the access driver<BR>3. the dsn cannot access the database via a share (well, let&#039s put it this way, i&#039ve not got that bit working yet!), it MUST be via the web servers local drive(s)<BR>4. not sure you actually require the strConnect line. my examples all work fine without this.<BR><BR>hope that&#039s of some help

Default RE: What's the path...

If you are referencing the DB using DBQ, you have to use the whole path. If you do it on your local machine it may be something like C:inetpubwwwrootpoll.mdb<BR><BR>You don&#039t need to set up a DSN if you are using DBQ