Help with SQL7

Thread: Help with SQL7

Scott S Guest

Default Help with SQL7

This is my first attempt connecting to SQL7.<BR>Can anyone tell me what the correct way is to set the connection?<BR>I keep getting the following message:<BR>[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Login failed for user &#039&#039. <BR><BR>Here&#039s the asp;<BR>set con = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>con.ope n "DSN=Hits;UID=sa;PWD="<BR><BR>Is this the correct way to connect??<BR><BR>Thanks<BR><BR>--Scott<BR>

Sean BAird Guest

Default RE: Help with SQL7

&#062; [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Login <BR>&#062; failed for user &#039&#039. <BR>&#062; con.open "DSN=Hits;UID=sa;PWD="<BR><BR>This error message is usually only raised if you&#039re trying to connect with a trusted connection. Based on your connection string, it looks like you want to use standard security. Check the ODBC settings for your "Hits" DSN and ensure that you&#039re <BR>connecting w/ standard security.<BR><BR>Provided you&#039re using the 3.5+ version of the SQL Server driver, this setting is at the top of the second page of the DSN "wizard". <BR><BR>I seem to remember that you can put something like "UseTrustedConnection=0;" in the connection string, but this may only work for the SQL Server OLEDB driver.<BR><BR>HTH<BR>Sean<BR><BR><BR>