Cannot add new data to Access database

Thread: Cannot add new data to Access database

Default Cannot add new data to Access database

"Operation must use an updateable query". I get this error message when adding data but the connection is ok. The database is not hosted on other company so I can not make any test on it but it is ok on my Personnal Web server. Followings is the answer from web but I can&#039t get the meaning : (Go to the parent directory where the database is stored. Click on the folder permissions and set IUSER_xxxxx to &#039change&#039 where xxxxx is the machine name. Make sure the file is also set so the ISUSER_xxxx can change the file.) Can anyone give me explain it? Thanks!<BR>

brad brunfelt Guest

Default RE: Cannot add new data to Access database

&#062;&#062;The database is not hosted on other company so I can not make any test<BR><BR>what do you mean here? Can you look directly at the database?<BR>If you are housing the database locally, then you should be able to set up the user permissions, etc. If the database is NOT local (ie stored on a server) then you may have to obtain the correct permissions to update it from your system admin.<BR><BR>It sounds like you dont have it local. tell us more and we might be able to give you more.

I am sorry that I made a mistake. The database is stored on a remote server. I can&#039t setup the permissions by myself. What do I do next?

brad burnfelt Guest

you need the Sys Admin to set up an ODBC source for you to the database.<BR><BR>The Best solution is to call them and ask how to get it accomplished. they may or may not allow certain write capabilities to the subscribers of the service. Best to make a call to them