Help! Page won't refresh

Thread: Help! Page won't refresh

Annabel Guest

Default Help! Page won't refresh

Hello all<BR><BR>I&#039ve got this page which lists all entries in one column of a table. The user can then click on an item to be sent to another page in which they can change the values of that particular record. Once the user has changed the record, the changes are validated and the whole record sent to a page which updates the recordset through a stored procedure.<BR><BR>The problem I have is that if I try to query the record again in a page that I&#039ve already visited (like the one that changes the record details), the new data isn&#039t there until I manually refresh the page.<BR><BR>So what do I do????<BR><BR>a) Refresh the pages every time someone opens them up? How?<BR><BR>b) Change the way I grab data for re-visited pages?<BR><BR>I&#039m stuck for idea so please help me out someone. Thank you!<BR><BR>Annabel<BR>

Default RE: Help! Page won't refresh

I guess it has to do with the explorer/navigator settings.<BR>In IE get sure that you have the correct settings at your Internet Options... Look into the General Options, the temporary Internet Files, the Settings button. Check the "every visit to the page" option or the "automatically" one.<BR>With the Netscape there is something similar that I don&#039t remember now.<BR>

KPW Guest

Alternatively, using a code solution, you can put this line in your ASP page:<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>Response.ExpiresAbsolute = #1/1/00#<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>Basically any date that has already passed will work.

Sher Rin Guest

Hi Annabel,<BR> I faced your problem before and I&#039ve tried to use Response.ExpiresAbsolute = #1/1/00# but it doesn&#039t help me to solve this problem. I do hope someone can help us on this issue.