Visual Interdev

Thread: Visual Interdev

Default Visual Interdev

Hi<BR>I am new in ASP and trying to learn from exisitng samples. I am using pws and I am able to open a project and view it etc. I am using Visual Interdev now and when I gather all the sample files for a sample it says that the ".inc file is not found. I tried to place it at appropriate places but it is still unable to open them. Why is that? I can view perfectly well in wwwroot though.<BR>hope u can help me

Default RE: Visual Interdev

you are definitely missing an include file or not referencing the inlucde file properly. if you are working on some samples taken from the web try to see if there is an include file on the files you have downloaded. it might just be an that you have to put on top of ur page. goodluck

Troy the ASP Boy Guest

Default RE: Visual Interdev

check your include file path. to keep things straight i put all of my include files in C:Inetpubwwwrootincludes and reference them using:<BR>&#060;!--#include virtual="/includes/theincludefile.asp" --&#062;<BR>by the way it has been recommended that you use .asp as an extension for include files and not .inc (except for, which is freely available). using the .asp extension will keep others from viewing your include files<BR><BR>cheers<BR>troy the asp boy<BR><BR>