Thread: HOW BIZARE !

Dwane Lumley Guest

Default HOW BIZARE !

I have set up a dictionary object in a session variable this object is loaded with info from a db when a user logs on and then used to return information to a field using a function. This works like a charm ! I know one should not make use of sessions and objects but how else to you return over 200 fields of data ? (Apart from queriying the database each time a page is viewed which means coding for each page.)<BR><BR>Anyhow that is another story I was testing an install file on my development machine of the content SUDDENLY! and I mean SUDDENLY it pops up this error message...........<BR><BR>Microsoft VBScript runtime error &#039 800a01c9&#039 <BR><BR>This key is already associated with an element of this collection <BR><BR>/shoma/login2.asp, line 151 <BR><BR>Now the message looks straight forward enough but to solve the problem has me baffled. I have a statement that clears The dictionary Object session so that when a new user logs on it has no keys. So how can an element allready be associated when there is no object ? Even if i reboot this makes no difference. And no I have not modified any pages.<BR><BR>What do you think ?<BR><BR>Dwane

Default RE: HOW BIZARE !

I had the same problem, I finally gave up and went in another direction

Thomas Whalen Guest

Default RE: HOW BIZARE !

Dwane,<BR><BR>Logically, if you didn&#039t change anything in your code between the last time the code worked properly and all objects are in fact cleared from memory (especially by rebooting the machine), then something must have changed in the "middle man" (IIS?) to make something unexpected happen? Since I don&#039t know much about the Dictionary Object, since I have yet found a need for it, could it be something in the database that was changed? That&#039s the only reason I can think of in terms of elements. I am pretty sure I am not being much of help anymore than the other guy that responded to your message, but some of the dumbest problems are better solved with more than one stooge.<BR><BR>Thank you,<BR>Thomas Whalen<BR><BR>