Database connection & ISP problems!!

Thread: Database connection & ISP problems!!

Kate Guest

Default Database connection & ISP problems!!

Hi guys,<BR><BR>I have just uploaded my first asp/access database site to Windows 2000 webspace.<BR>I wasn&#039t able to create an ODBC connection to the data source (there is a control panel area to do this on their site) and my ISP suggested that had been a problem with my Access97 database and they converted it to Access2000 and repaired it.<BR>They said that this had also reduced the size of the database by half!<BR>I am now getting errors that suggest that the new database does not contain all the original data or all of the original tables.<BR><BR>eg <BR>ADODB.Field error &#039 800a0bcd&#039 <BR> <BR>Either BOF or EOF is True, or the current record has been deleted. Requested operation requires a current record. <BR> <BR>/region1.asp, line 132 <BR><BR>Is the table now empty??<BR> <BR>and <BR><BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039 80040e37&#039 <BR> <BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot find the input table or query &#039Countries&#039. Make<BR>sure it exists and that its name is spelled correctly. <BR><BR>I have been unable to get hold of anyone at my ISP asnd I can&#039t check out the database myself as I it has been converted to 2000 and I am running access97!<BR><BR>Can anyone advice me as to what may be happening - are my suspicions correct?<BR>I&#039d an idea of what is happening so that I can hopefully get my ISP to sort something out if I can eventually get in touch with someone there!<BR><BR>Any ideas?<BR>Kate<BR>

Jason Buck Guest

Default RE: Database connection & ISP problems!!

Ask them what you have to do to setup a DSN Less connection to your Database. They should be willing to tell the absolute path to you database.<BR><BR>I hope this helps.<BR><BR>Respectfully,<BR><BR>Jason Buck<BR>