Problem With Redirect

Thread: Problem With Redirect

harish tyagi Guest

Default Problem With Redirect

i am developing a user password screen and once the user is validated ,i am trying to redirect the user to another ASP page ,but it is giving error as :-----<BR><BR>Response object error &#039ASP 0156 : 80004005&#039 <BR>Header Error <BR><BR>/auctions/userverify1.asp, line 30 <BR><BR>The HTTP headers are already written to the client browser. Any HTTP header modifications must be made before writing page content<BR><BR><BR>Note:- i am performing all validations check in the same page i.e. null checking, database checking e.t.c<BR><BR>If there is any other efficient way of redirecting to another page then please suggest.

Pari Guest

Default RE: Problem With Redirect

give response.buffer=true in line no1<BR>in line no 2 if using option explicit

Default RE: Problem With Redirect

If you put the following at the top of your ASP under the VBScript &#060;%@ Language=VBScript %&#062; declaration:<BR><BR>&#060;% Response.Buffer = True %&#062;<BR><BR>Your Response.Redirect should then work. I have had trouble using this when writing to cookies, though. It somehow clears the buffer. I gave up trying and put a manual hyperlink back to my homepage after a successful login.