Please advise on this situation

Thread: Please advise on this situation

Fion Guest

Default Please advise on this situation

I have a form on "purchase.asp"<BR>After it is submitted, using a button, it is redirected to a confirm page "confirm.asp" where I retrieve values using Request.form of textfields in "purchase.asp" and display them on this page. I need to have two buttons one called "Yes" to insert these values and "No" to go back to "purchase.asp".<BR><BR>I tried to use a submit button for this "Yes" button but when I try to insert, there are empty values although I managed to display them on this page ("confirm.asp"). I know it because I did a response.write on the sql statement.<BR><BR>1)What happened to my values, why did it appear to be empty?<BR>2)Is there a better way to do this?<BR>3)How do I make sure that the entries I captured in "purchase.asp" are still in their respective fields when I click "No" to go back?

Bookie Guest

Default RE: Please advise on this situation

It sounds like you have a form with those Yes/No buttons. If so, I would insert your values on the confirm.asp page into hidden fields using &#060;%=...%&#062;. On your purchase.asp page, you could request.form("...") to get the values and &#060;%=...%&#062; to insert them in the fields to display the data. If the person goes into the form for the first time, there should be no problem with the asp code that is looking for variables from another form. It&#039s a little confusing but I hope it helps. --

Fion Guest

Default RE: Need more advice

Please help.Thanks