Help with Delete Msg Prompt

Thread: Help with Delete Msg Prompt

Albert Guest

Default Help with Delete Msg Prompt

I need code to ask the user if they are sure they want to "delete the message" on an entry form. I prefer to use java script for this check when a person presses the delete button. Right now it works by just deleting the particular message but i would like to change it so it prompts him and asks him if he&#039s sure he would like to delete. <BR><BR>Thanks for the help

Default RE: Help with Delete Msg Prompt

So use a Confirm JavaScript box.<BR><BR>Something like this:<BR><BR>&#060;FORM Name="theForm" ... &#062;<BR>&#060;INPUT Type=Button Name="ActionChoice" Value="Delete"<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;onClick= "if confirm(&#039Are you sure you want to delete?&#039) document.theForm.submit();"&#062;<BR>...<BR><BR>Th at is *not* a Submit button, notice. The beauty of doing it this way is that if the user does confirm the choice, then the form is submitted properly and, on your ASP page, you receive<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;choice = Request("ActionChoice")<BR>and see <BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;If choice = "Delete" Then ...<BR><BR>Low code overhead; simple. Why not?<BR><BR>