Error: Vbscript runtime

Thread: Error: Vbscript runtime

Paul Meyers Guest

Default Error: Vbscript runtime

I am getting the error<BR><BR>Microsoft VBScript runtime error &#039 800a01ad&#039 <BR><BR>ActiveX component can&#039t create object <BR><BR>/Welcome.asp, line 93 <BR><BR>All I did was install new software onto my web server and when I went to call the first page of my site, I got this error. The section of code in my file that it references is <BR>&#060;% rem ************************************************** * rem * initiate the Last Modified object rem ************************************************** * <BR>Set FileObj=Server.CreateObject ("LastMod.FileObj") <BR>FileObj.DateFormat="dd mmm yyyy" <BR>FileModDate= FileObj.LastModified (Request.ServerVariables("PATH_TRANSLATED")) <BR>%&#062; <BR>Last Revised: &#060;%=FileModDate %&#062;<BR><BR>What could have happened and what should I do?<BR>

Default RE: Error: Vbscript runtime

I have not seen the component "LastMod.FileObj" before but then thats just me. Normally if I want to determine the last modified attribute of a file I use something similar to below<BR><BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>Set MyFileObject = Server.CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")< BR>Set FileInfo = MyFileObject.GetFile(SomeFile)<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>< BR> Date last modified : &#060;%=Fileinfo.DateLastModified%&#062;<BR><BR>FY I other attributes include<BR><BR>Fileinfo.DataLastAccessed<BR>Filein fo.DateCreated<BR>Fileinfo.Attributes<BR>Fileinfo. Type<BR>Fileinfo.Size<BR>Fileinfo.Drive<BR>Fileinf o.Path<BR>Fileinfo.Name<BR><BR><BR>hope that helps<BR><BR><BR><BR>