command object error can any one help

Thread: command object error can any one help

suresh jeyakumar Guest

Default command object error can any one help

*<BR> Set conn =Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection") <BR> set mycommand=Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Command")<BR> conn.Open(Application("Connection2_ConnectionStrin g")) <BR> <BR> set mycommand.ActiveConnection=conn<BR> mycommand.CommandText="insertUserNotes"<BR> set myFirstParam=mycommand.CreateParameter("uId",adInt eger,adInputParam,4,3)<BR> mycommand.Parameters.Append MyFirstParam<BR> set MySecondParam=mycommand.CreateParameter("pId",adIn teger,adInputParam,4,3)<BR> mycommand.Parameters.Append MySecondParam<BR> set MyThirdParam=mycommand.CreateParameter("notes",adV arChar,adParamInput,255,"hi this is js")<BR> mycommand.Parameters.Append MyThirdParam<BR> mycommand.Execute<BR> conn.Close<BR> <BR> this code when opened in a browser tells me an error that <BR><BR>ADODB.Command error &#039 800a0bb9&#039 <BR><BR>The application is using arguments that are of the wrong type, are out of acceptable range, or are in conflict with one another. <BR><BR>but my stored procedure named insertUserNotes has the input parameters int ,int ,varchar(255)<BR><BR>can any one help me out i am desperate of trying it out from last night<BR><BR>

Shawn Clabough Guest

Default RE: command object error can any one help

Try using some debug response.write&#039s every other line or so to determine exactly which line is giving the problem.

Default RE: command object error can any one help

Are you including the the adovbs.inc file? It defines the some ado constants such as adInteger.