Just a general question.

Thread: Just a general question.

Default Just a general question.

I see a lot of web sites out there that use querystrings on html files. How is this done? How can you retrieve the querystring and use it in an html file. I know that this is a stupid question and the answer is probably simple. I recall something like this using Javascript but I am not sure if I am correct. And another thing. Even if it is JavaScript, how do they use it to query a database? Or is it something like they just mask the .html extension to execute as an ASP or something? Sorry for the dumb question.

Volker Guest

Default RE: Just a general question.

Well, thats really a little bit stupid question, but anyway, use:<BR>request.querystring("YourVarName") to get the Value of your VarName for this URL:<BR>http://yourHostName/YourPath/YourAsp.Asp?YourVarName=MyValue<BR>I would suggest you the book "ASP in a nutshell" from O&#039reilly or any other book for reviewing this kind of questions, ok?<BR><BR>Regards<BR>Volker

If you could read you would have seen that the first line says that they get the querystring off of .html files. I know how to get the querystring from an ASP file. And just for future reference, there are no stupid questions. And people don&#039t appreciate it when you imply that they are stupid. Learn some manners and learn some respect. Everyone may not be as smart as you but you don&#039t have to boost your own ego by putting others down. Thanks anyways. Next time take some time to read before making an *** out of your self.

Volker Guest

Oh - I&#039m very sorry, that I hurt you!<BR>But I just repeated what you mentioned. And i didnt know, that there are so sensible guys out there. So, again, I&#039m REALLY sorry about that (i&#039m serios).<BR>Again to your originally question:<BR>What do you mean with "getting querystring from a html", I don&#039t get it, if you dont mean the regular way...please help me!<BR>

On many internet sites the url will be something like http://www.website.com/query.html?idno=12<BR><BR>How do they retrieve the querystring from there. And how would they be able to use an HTML file for a query.

Volker Guest

Where? Do you know an example where I could take a look?