Querystrings

Thread: Querystrings

Default Querystrings

I am trying to pass one particular variable, eventsID, through many pages. I am passing through the URL.<BR>I get an error when I try to code the URL with a Querystring variable. For example:<BR><BR>I am on a page with the URL:<BR>www.mypage.com/events/events_detail.asp?eventsID=130<BR><BR>On this page, though, I want to click a link, that will again pass the eventsID. I tried this:<BR>&#060;a href="editeventform.asp?eventsID=" & &#060;%Request.Querystring("eventsID")%&#062; &#062;<BR><BR>Doing this, I continually get the error:<BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039 80040e14&#039 <BR><BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access 97 Driver] Syntax error (missing operator) in query expression &#039eventsID=&#039. <BR><BR>I know it is picking up the eventsID, but it isn&#039t passing it to the next page. Please help!!<BR><BR>Thanks in advance,<BR>Jill

Nathen Grass Guest

Default RE: Querystrings

You just left out &#039=&#039 in your ASP statement:<BR><BR>&#060;%= Request.Querystring("eventsID")%&#062;<BR><BR>Hope that fixes everything.