Sorry for the repost but...

Thread: Sorry for the repost but...

Rob Guest

Default Sorry for the repost but...

Sorry for reposting this but I am astounded that no one knows this answer since I have tried this on several computers.<BR><BR>While working with a client, we noticed that setting the Netscape browser to "Warn before accepting cookies" was<BR>causing Netscape to throw a cookie warning message for every web site we tried to access with a .asp file extension. These ASP sites DO NOT use sessions or cookies I know for a fact.<BR><BR>The warning message says that the site is trying to write a cookie to itself. SessionIDabvdafdbv=sdnasdsadasd<BR>I have no idea why or what this jumbled code about the session<BR>means. There are no sessions or cookies.<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR><BR>Rob<BR><BR><BR><BR> <BR>So the question is why? <BR><BR>Thanks,<BR><BR>Rob<BR><BR><BR>

Default RE: Sorry for the repost but...

is &#039Enable Session Session State&#039 is selected in the IIS manager?<BR><BR>this would cause a "SesssionId" to be created, and therefore a cookie.<BR><BR>Session State is required for MS Site Server, and therefore enabled in the default IIS install. But you can disable it.

Default RE: Sorry for the repost but...

As for as I know you have to have cookies enabled to run asp page even if the page is not writing a cookie or calling a session variable