pollResults.asp error

Thread: pollResults.asp error

John Shoko Guest

Default pollResults.asp error

Hi<BR><BR>I have been trying to use the poll system on 4guysfromrolla.com (http://www.4guysfromrolla.com/webtech/071099-1.shtml)for a while. But I&#039m repeatedly getting an error when I click the "Vote" button.<BR><BR>The UI comes on fine, and I can click to choose one of the radio-button responses. When I click "Vote" however, I get the follwing message:<BR><BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039 80004005&#039 <BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Operation must use an updateable query. <BR>/pollResults.asp, line 20 <BR><BR>These are lines on the source code where I think the problem is:<BR><BR><BR>objConn.Execute "UPDATE PollOption SET Votes = Votes + 1 " & _(ln 20)<BR> "WHERE PollOptionID = " & iPollOptionID (line 21)<BR><BR><BR>The rest of the source code is at the end of Part 4 of the above link on 4guysfromrolla.com<BR><BR>Incidentally, I would love to know if there are any sites that have successfully implemented this poll system.<BR><BR>Thank you in advance for your assistance.<BR><BR><BR>

heptite Guest

Default RE: pollResults.asp error

This is normally caused by your directory and or .mdb file not having read/write access. Contact the person you host with and have them set that access up.

John Shoko Guest

Default RE: pollResults.asp error

It worked. Thanks. But now I&#039ve a different problem:<BR><BR>Once the person has voted, the poll application is supposed to say, "You have voted" and take them back to the page they came from. Inmy case, I can only click to vote once and all the subsequent times, the poll application keeps bringing back the poll results table. It does not say I have voted and take me to back to the same page.<BR><BR>I suspect though that the script for this action is missing from the original text. <BR><BR>Thanks again for the assistance.