How to get rid of the border of the page?

Thread: How to get rid of the border of the page?

Peng Guest

Default How to get rid of the border of the page?

When i write a page in Frontpage98, I can used leftmargin="0" to remove the border of the page. But the border still there if viewed from Netscape. You can check my page at www.reidsleadingedge.com to see how this make my page ugly(top frame and left frame) if viewed with netscape. Please tell me a solution<BR><BR><BR>Peng

Zola Guest

Default RE: How to get rid of the border of the page?

Peng, can you check the URL? I tried to go and see but got an error.<BR><BR>There are a couple of ways to handle this even without seeing it. One thing you could do is take your left frame, which, I assume, is your table of contents. Make a table in FP, with divisions for each image/button.<BR><BR>Right click on the table and select "table properties". Uncheck the height button and set the width button to 100. Change the checkbox to "percent". On the left of the pop up menu, set the border to "0" (This will get rid of the dividing lines). If you want a little space between images, adjust the cell spacing (the distance in between each cell) and the cell padding (the space WITHIN the cell). If you want the images to back right up against one another, set those both to "0".<BR><BR>Now do the same thing for each CELL, choosing "cell properties". Make the width 100% and uncheck the height box. Choose whether you want the cell&#039s contents to be aligned to the right, the left, or centered.<BR><BR>This should solve your left frame problem. If you need more assistance, feel free to e-mail me direct zola@zolaweb.com =) I have a page I can send you if you want something to look at

Peng Guest

I tried, but the problem still there.<BR>the URL should be http://www.reidsleadingedge.com ,Please view the page with both MSexplorer and Netscape and compare the difference of the top frame(in Netscape, the stuff in the top frame shift right and down.)

Hunter Guest

screw frames, use tables

MChance Guest

To be a little more subtle than the last guy, you can use layers to remove the border, but what think you are looking for is:<BR><BR>&#060;BODY MARGINWIDTH=0 MARGINHEIGHT=0&#062;<BR><BR>Use that in the page you want to get rid of the border on.<BR><BR>Hope this helps.<BR><BR>Mark Chance