hidden filename...can it happen

Thread: hidden filename...can it happen

Default hidden filename...can it happen

After my asp page pulls info from the database, it uses one of the values to then check for the existance of another file (with a similer name). If the file exists, it spits out a link to that file. Is there a way to keep the name of that file hidden and not show up at the end of the path in the location box?

Default RE: hidden filename...can it happen

Well, depending on how your database is structured, you might be able to. If your database contains a table with the names of the hidden web pages, you could set the link up to reference the database for the name of the file. (ie: your location path would read: www.yourdomain.com/hidepage.asp?page=8 and then the database would open the page associated with 8.)<BR><BR>Don&#039t ask me how to code it, but I&#039m relatively sure it would work.

SPG Guest

Default I thought it was a bug...

Well, if what you link to does a server.transfer (IIS 5.0), the URL and all .serverVariables will still think you&#039re on the page from whence you came. Afaic, it&#039s a bug when the sever can&#039t ask itself where it thinks it is, but it sounds like the sort of "functionality" you&#039re looking for.<BR><BR>&#060;% select case request.queryString("link")<BR> case 5<BR> server.transfer "hidden.file"<BR> end select %&#062;<BR><BR>&#060;a href="&#060;%= request.serverVariables("URL") %&#062;?link=5"&#062;