Unspecified error when connecting to database

Thread: Unspecified error when connecting to database

Vinil Bhardwaj Guest

Default Unspecified error when connecting to database

Hi,<BR><BR>I am repeatedly getting an error when I click on a button (on an ASP page). This click event opens another ASP page (allgifts.asp). It seems like some kind of a DSN error and the line (line 15) which seems to have the error is shown below.<BR>I have checked to see if the system DSN is pointing to the correct database and it is. <BR><BR>Here is the code causing the problem:<BR><BR>Set DBConn=Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection") -line 14<BR>DBConn.open "DSN=wvizmembership" <BR>(THIS IS THE LINE WHERE THE ERROR SEEMS TO BE - line 15)<BR><BR>When I view the ASP pages in the browser I get the following message:<BR><BR>Provider error &#039 80004005&#039 <BR>Unspecified error <BR>allgifts.asp, line 15 <BR><BR>I would sincerely appreciate it if someone could guide me through this problem as I have been getting this error on other ASP pages as well and I am not sure what the reason is. If you need more detail and could let me know I will provide it. <BR><BR><BR>

David Highlander Guest

Default RE: Unspecified error when connecting to database

All of my UNSPECIFIED error fix themselves when I reboot the serber.<BR><BR>You can also try getting rid of you DSN= in the statement. Make it look like this:<BR><BR>Set DBConn=Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection") <BR>DBConn.open "wvizmembership"