IIS4 / SQL Server / OLE DB

Thread: IIS4 / SQL Server / OLE DB

Mark Guest

Default IIS4 / SQL Server / OLE DB

HELP! I need to use OLEDB to access my SQL 6.5 DB which is on a separate NT server to that running IIS. However, my ASP page keeps returning with the message:<BR><BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error &#039 80004005&#039 <BR>Login failed for user &#039guest&#039. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.<BR><BR>Due to standards here, my SQL 6.5 Server has to run Integrated Security. I&#039ve also tried user &#039sa&#039 and also a known domain user account in the ASP user name, but no good.<BR><BR>Any help greatly appreciated.<BR><BR>

Default RE: IIS4 / SQL Server / OLE DB

Mark, what does your ASP code look like? Compare it with this (picked off this same messageboard):<BR>strconnect = "PROVIDER=SQLOLEDB;DATA SOURCE=database.server.com;UID=loginname;PWD=passw ord;DATABASE=databasename"<BR>You may find that Microsoft examples show SQLOLEDB.1 for the provider, but I think it works the same. Also, where the example says database.server.com, it also means the name of your SQL Server; and if your using integrated security, then, depending which account has been used in IIS (check it from SQL Server Profiler) to access SQL Server, you will probably be able to leave-out the UID and PWD parameters, as these will be ignored.