Refreshing another frame.

Thread: Refreshing another frame.

Tom Holder Guest

Default Refreshing another frame.

Hi.<BR><BR>I have a framed site making extensive use of frames and ASP. My questions is, how can I refresh one of the frames on demand?<BR><BR>For example, you click a button in one frame and as well as it performing the intended action of the button (displaying another page for example) it will also refresh another frame.<BR><BR>How can this be done? I&#039m guessing javascript is the key. Examples would be apreciated.<BR><BR>Cheers<BR>Tom<BR><BR>

Default RE: Refreshing another frame.

This should do the trick<BR>Call this function from the Main frame and the menu frame will load the page specified, and the main frame will continue with whatever it is doing<BR><BR>Hope this helps<BR><BR>***********************<BR><BR>&#060; script language="JavaScript"&#062;<BR> &#060;!--<BR> function RefreshFrame()<BR> {<BR> parent.MenuFrame.location="newmenu.asp";<BR> } <BR> //--&#062;<BR>&#060;/script&#062;

Tom Holder Guest

Default RE: Refreshing another frame.

Thanks for that.<BR><BR>I don&#039t mean to be stupid, but I&#039m gonna be. How can I call the function from a button (an image) as well as link somewhere in the main window? Will I have to put an additional bit in the function that loads the link or can you call the function and link in one go within an &#060;a&#062; element?<BR><BR>Cheers<BR>Tom