javascript :window.close() problem

Thread: javascript :window.close() problem

Default javascript :window.close() problem

Hi <BR> In my asp page i wrote a simple javascript function <BR><BR>&#060;script language="javascript"&#062;<BR>function closewindow()<BR>{<BR>window.close();<BR>}<BR>&#06 0;/script&#062;<BR><BR>&#060;a href="javascript:closewindow()"&#062;close window&#060;/a&#062;<BR><BR>When I click on close window link my ie4.0 browser is giving a message box<BR><BR>The web page you are viewing is trying to close the window<BR>Do you want to close this window <BR>yes no<BR><BR>Are there any setting needed in my ie4.0 browser? I dont want that message to come each time i click close window link.<BR><BR>service pack applied is sp2. Shall i have to apply more than sp2?<BR><BR>

Default RE: javascript :window.close() problem

This warning message always pops up when you try to close the main browser window. However this message will not appear if you are closing any other windows that that page opened. So basically any new windows you open you can close. So to get around your problem you could have your homepage open a new window where all the main browsing of your site is done, then you can close the new window with out any messages.<BR><BR>Hope that helps<BR><BR>Pete