Automatic Thumbnail Creation in ASP?

Thread: Automatic Thumbnail Creation in ASP?

Cindi V Guest

Default Automatic Thumbnail Creation in ASP?

Is there a way to create an automatic thumbnail of an image when displaying database query results. I have catalog pages with images of the products. I want to be able to list category results with the product information and a thumbnail image. However, I don&#039t want to have to create 2,000 small pics of the larger pics that I already have. Is there a way to do this automatically?

Default RE: Automatic Thumbnail Creation in ASP?

I don;t know how to create smaller pics, in byte size, but you can do a Hight and Width property on an image tag and the image porportions will change.<BR><BR>&#060;img src="./images/yourimage.gif" height=40 width=40&#062;<BR><BR>This will show the image smaller, but the file size will be the same so the load time will be the same no matter the height or width.<BR><BR>HTH somewhat

Default RE: Automatic Thumbnail Creation in ASP?

Cindi,<BR><BR>Lookup a product called HiJaak Pro. It supports command line batch processing of image files. And its fast.<BR><BR>However, your better off just converting all your images into smaller pics instead of re-sizing them realtime.<BR><BR>