listbox size problem in netscape

Thread: listbox size problem in netscape

skinny Guest

Default listbox size problem in netscape

can anyone tell me why my listbox is exectly the right size in IE but it only displays 2 rows in netscapes. these sizing problems between IE and netscape a getting pretty annoying. anyone agree?<BR>any help (or just general hints on handling the incompatibilities between netscape and IE) would be greatly appreciated.

Default RE: listbox size problem in netscape

What code are you using for the &#060;SELECT&#062; ???<BR><BR>Generally, if you do<BR> &#060;SELECT .... Size=10...&#062;<BR>I have found it to work okay.<BR><BR>Now the *width* of a SELECT list is another problem.<BR><BR>About the only way to get that to work right is to use a STYLE, and then of course it doesn&#039t work in older browsers.<BR><BR>Anyway: SHOW CODE.<BR><BR>

Skinny Guest

Default RE: listbox size problem in netscape

here is how I&#039m creating it. I&#039ve also tried setting the size by pixels, again, works great in IE, 2 lines in netscape.<BR><BR>&#060;SELECT id=lstModelCodes name=lstModelCodes size=2 style="HEIGHT: 30%; WIDTH: 182px" LANGUAGE=javascript onchange="return lstModelCodes_onchange()"&#062;<BR><BR>thank you.<BR>After taking a closer look at it I think I see the problem, size=2. I wasn&#039t aware of this as most of the ASP stuff I have done has been geared to IE.