Response.Redirect & Target (?!)

Thread: Response.Redirect & Target (?!)

Default Response.Redirect & Target (?!)

Hello,<BR><BR>I have a script that should redirect to a new window. Is this possible? I would like to avoid using JavaScript&#039s create-new-window functions... instead, I would like to do a simple target change to "_blank" or "_parent" or "_top", for example. Is this possible?<BR><BR>response.redirect("blah.asp","_to p")<BR><BR>... something like that?<BR><BR>Thanks!<BR><BR>Ben

Default RE: Response.Redirect & Target (?!)

Think about it a second:<BR><BR>ASP has *NO IDEA* what it is "hooked up" to. It might even be being accessed by some program that is simply sniffing sites for indexing.<BR><BR>So *HOW* could ASP have *ANY* influence on creating new pages on a given client machine? <BR><BR>The *only* thing that ASP can do is send back a response (presumably, an HTML page, though not necessarily) to an HTTP request. <BR><BR>So if you want to create a new window in the browser, something that is *already in* the browser must do it.<BR><BR>This does *not* have to mean JavaScript. Take a look at the options available with the &#060;FORM....&#062; tag, for example.<BR><BR>