using cookies to display data

Thread: using cookies to display data

Default using cookies to display data

I set cookies on my site using your article "Cookie Monster: Using Cookies in ASP" - Thanks. Here&#039s my problem: I want to use the cookies to only display certain data depending on their login ID (which I used for the cookie). I know I need to use something like:<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>If Request.Cookies("frmLabID")="" Then<BR>(what do I put here to only display info. depending on their login)<BR>end if<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>Any help would be greatly appreciated.

brad brunfelt Guest

Default RE: using cookies to display data

What you are asking depends on where the data you want to display is. For example, it may be in the database<BR><BR>so <BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>If Request.Cookies("frmLabID")="" Then<BR>&#039do a loop looking for where "frmLabID" = the login field of DB<BR>&#039display other fields of the same record you want to display<BR>&#039end the loop<BR>end if<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>This is one way and probably not the most effecient. You might want to create a query fo the database with "frmLabID" as the criteria.<BR><BR>If its NOT in a database, I dont know how you would choose different messages for different people.<BR><BR>