Local identifier

Thread: Local identifier

Yngvar Guest

Default Local identifier

The code<BR>Session.LCID = &#060;%=Session.LCID%&#062;<BR><BR>This is what I get.<BR>Microsoft VBScript runtime error &#039 800a01b6&#039 <BR><BR>Object doesn&#039t support this property or method: &#039Session.LCID&#039 <BR><BR>/test.asp, line 14 <BR><BR>What is wrong. LCID is a property of the Session object isn&#039t it ?

MonKeyJeff Guest

Default RE: Local identifier

Um...why would you want to assign the LCID the same LCID?<BR>I mean, if you want, you can use it straight away, right?<BR><BR>And I notice that the second occurence of Session.LCID is &#060;% %&#062; tags, but the first isn&#039t.<BR><BR>Even if you are able to assign Session.LCID to itself, then it should be &#060;%Session.LCID = Session.LCID%&#062;<BR>Actually I don&#039t know what LCID means...

Yngvar Guest

I should have been more specific...<BR><BR>Session.LCID = &#060;%=Session.LCID %&#062;<BR>The first Session.LCID = is just text on the page<BR>&#060;%=Session.LCID %&#062; is the asp code for writing the Session.LCID&#039s value on the page.<BR><BR>LCID is the Session objects property for local identifier eg. if my pages is stored on a server in a different time sone than my users are in I have to correct this in order to get the correct Now() value.

Cyanide_7 Guest

I do believe the example code is for the sole purpose of outputing the actual value. Sort of a code debugging approach as I do the same all the time. My favorite is a FOR EACH loop on the ServerVariables object just to remind me what I have to play with. Unfortunately I cannot offer any solution to the original post, just a clarification on the code. - Cyanide_7

MonKeyJeff Guest

I don&#039t know...I used the exact coding that you used and it was alright. Must be some other problem...