ARGH - why won't this work?

Thread: ARGH - why won't this work?

David Highlander Guest

Default ARGH - why won't this work?

I&#039m possitive this should be working. Do you see something I don&#039t? <BR><BR>Way it works - a person types their username and password and submits it.<BR><BR>If the username and password does not exist then it displays an error message. If it does then the page continues with the code. But for some reason it ALWAYS continues with the code. <BR><BR>Any thougts?<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>Dim Sqlstring2<BR>Sqlstring2 = "SELECT username, password FROM consultantsignup WHERE username=&#039" & Request.Form("username") & "&#039 AND password=&#039" & Request.Form("password") & "&#039"<BR>Dim conn2<BR>Dim UserRecordset2<BR>Set conn2 = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>conn2.o pen ("client")<BR>Set UserRecordset2 = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")<BR>UserReco rdset2.Open Sqlstring2, conn2<BR><BR>If not UserRecordset2.EOF Then<BR>Response.Write("We&#039re sorry, but the Username or Password you supplied is invalid. You may have typed it in incorrectly or you are not a registered user.")<BR>Else<BR>%&#062;

David Highlander Guest

Default IGNORE - I figured it out