Advice needed to finish this statement

Thread: Advice needed to finish this statement

David Highlander Guest

Default Advice needed to finish this statement

Ok let me explain this code and then hopefully you can tell me how to finish this statement. <BR><BR>Basiclly the code below works like this - a user fills out a form and submits it. That form gets passed to this page and is entered into a database. <BR><BR>On fo the forms that is passed is a check box called "termsofservice" - obviously this is a user accepting the terms of service agreement.<BR><BR>What I am trying to do is write a statement that says if termsofservice does not equal "on" then response.write("You have not accepted the Terms of service. You info will not be added")<BR><BR>The problem is I do not know where to put this statement in my code. What I mean is, if i put it at the end of my code all the data still gets put into the database BEFORE it gets to that message. <BR><BR>I also think I may not be writing that statement correctly so I was hoping for some help.<BR><BR>PLEASE HELP. :-)<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>if not isempty(Request.Form("Submit")) then<BR> set conn = server.createobject ("adodb.connection")<BR> "client"<BR> conn.Execute "insert into consultantsignup (firstname, lastname, termsofservice) " _<BR> & "values (" _<BR> & "&#039" & Request.Form("firstname") & "&#039, " _<BR> & "&#039" & Request.Form("lastname") & "&#039, " _<BR> & "&#039" & Request.Form("termsofservice")& "&#039)" <BR> <BR>end if<BR>%&#062;

David Highlander Guest

Default By the way - this is what I tried

I tried putting this staement before the database code. But it did not like the word "TRUE"<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>If Request.Form("termsofservice") &#060;&#062; TRUE<BR>Then<BR>Response.Write("You did not agree to the Supermine Terms of Service. Your information will not be added to the database. You must accept the terms of service to continue.")<BR>Else<BR>%&#062;

David Highlander Guest

Default IGNORE - I figured it out

Thanks guys